Need an MLS Knowledgebase accessible by Clerks

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
daddy-o-p40

Need an MLS Knowledgebase accessible by Clerks

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Too often my peer clerks in my stake as well as adjacent stakes are calling salt lake about known issues with MLS. For those of us who are not retired yet --- reaching salt lake during operating hours can be a challenge.

I saw a recent thread here where someone was mentioning how the New Move-In report is inaccurate. They were correct -- this bug was identified some time ago.

It would be nice to have a knowledgebase in MLS which helps identify known issues and lists remedies if any. If this knowledgebase included best practices that would be ideal.

I realize that incorporating it into MLS is not likely for the lack of connectivity most wards have. At a minimum can we not have access to this info via this site? or perhaps a sister site?

Hopefully, there is someone amongst us with divine influence that can kick this upstairs for some consideration, eh? ;)
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

enriquer wrote:It would be nice to have a knowledgebase in MLS which helps identify known issues and lists remedies if any. If this knowledgebase included best practices that would be ideal.
Well, there is the unofficial Clerk's Wiki
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

enriquer wrote:It would be nice to have a knowledgebase in MLS which helps identify known issues and lists remedies if any. If this knowledgebase included best practices that would be ideal.
Stay tuned... :D
Tom
daddy-o-p40

Need a list of Known Issues with MLS

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Tom,

I know you said stay tuned....

But now I have been nabbed to do stake trainings on membership work with MLS. MLS 2.4.6 is still not here and we need to have list of critical bugs. We can't teach our clerks to be aware of them and the respective work arounds if we don't have a list to work from.

At a minimum can we not get a list of known bugs? :(
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

enriquer wrote:Tom,

I know you said stay tuned....

But now I have been nabbed to do stake trainings on membership work with MLS. MLS 2.4.6 is still not here and we need to have list of critical bugs. We can't teach our clerks to be aware of them and the respective work arounds if we don't have a list to work from.

At a minimum can we not get a list of known bugs? :(
I don't have access to that list but the people in charge of supporting MLS are moderators on this forum. Maybe they can share it?

Tom

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”