Deleting users on MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
oh8clerk-p40

Deleting users on MLS

Post by oh8clerk-p40 »

I need to add our new bishopric counselors, whose records will not reside in my ward, as users but MLS tells me there are too many "out-of-unit administrators". When I try to delete old ones we get a message that says it can't be done because they are referenced in database records. Help!!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You need to add him as a out of unit member. Then you can add him normally.

Out of unit admin is for support folks like the stake clerk or STS who will not be a part of the Ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The detailed instructions are listed in the wiki under Connecting members to users.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

RussellHltn wrote:You need to add him as a out of unit member. Then you can add him normally.

Out of unit admin is for support folks like the stake clerk or STS who will not be a part of the Ward.
"out-of-unit administrators" are those who's MLS account is not linked to a membership number. Follow the instructions to create an out of unit record for the bishopric. Be sure to include their membership numbers in the record and you won't get the error any more.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”