Member Requests New Address Privacy

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Member Requests New Address Privacy

Post by kalnius »

I have a situation where a member has taken a job as a live-in psychotherapist at a women's facility. Those extending the job have requested that the address be kept off our ward list and website.

Is there a way to enter the new address in MLS which would be accessible for those with authorization to be on the ward computer, but not have the address show up on the ward directory or LUWS?

Thanks.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Sure, just follow the guidelines listed here...

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Loc ... y_requests
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ozzy wrote:Is there a way to enter the new address in MLS which would be accessible for those with authorization to be on the ward computer, but not have the address show up on the ward directory or LUWS?
Will the member be getting a PO Box? If so, I'd suggest entering that as the "residence" in MLS.

As Mikerowaved points out, it's easy to fix the current LUWS. The beta directory can also be done, but it appears that one must removed the member completely. There doesn't seem to be an option to remove only the address.

MLS does support two addresses - residence and mailing. I suppose you could put the actual location in the mailing address. I don't think it's used for anything except mailing labels. I don't think you'd see it on a normal ward list, but I'd test that to make sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks for the tips.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary

Return to “Membership Help”