New Temple Recommends (bar code) issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rickhellewell-p40

New Temple Recommends (bar code) issues

Post by rickhellewell-p40 »

TES, or Temple Entry Security, is an effort to increase the security of the temple by controlling recommends. It would be appreciated that commentary regarding this system be handled through the support channels indicated in the documentation that accompanied the notification of the new program. We welcome your feedback through those channels, as we would like to improve the experience for all involved. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in not posting information or questions regarding this system in these forums. Because of this policy, this post has been altered and the original contents on the process and feedback have been removed. The rest of the thread has been left in place.

-----------------------

Our stake (Rocklin CA) is implementing the new bar coded temple recommends. Procedure is thus:
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Thanks for the thorough feedback. I've forwarded your comments on to the team that is in charge of this project.

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

I think this was asked before but I thought I would ask again because I don't remember the answer...

Is there any sort of rollout schedule? I am in the Oklahoma City Temple district and the OKC Temple is one of the smaller temples. I imagine it will be awhile before we get the bar code system but I'm curious to know when to expect it.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

bhofmann wrote:I think this was asked before but I thought I would ask again because I don't remember the answer...

Is there any sort of rollout schedule? I am in the Oklahoma City Temple district and the OKC Temple is one of the smaller temples. I imagine it will be awhile before we get the bar code system but I'm curious to know when to expect it.
That information has not been publicly released as of yet.

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

tomw wrote:That information has not been publicly released as of yet.

Tom
Bummer. I'm waiting on "tenterhooks" as my mother-in-law says.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

You should see it in the next few months. The stake will receive it's materials first and the temple a little later.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I know that the proposed plan was to have the lower member to temple ratio go first with the new plan and then just go up until Utah County which would be some of the last temple districts to get it. :(

The entire roll-out is suppose to take less then 18 months from start to finish.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:I know that the proposed plan was to have the lower member to temple ratio go first with the new plan and then just go up until Utah County which would be some of the last temple districts to get it. :(

The entire roll-out is suppose to take less then 18 months from start to finish.
Uh, wasn't that the story with nFS? As far as I've heard the bar coded temple recommend is a separate roll-out and I've not heard any details on it.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Separate yes, but I was under the impression that it was going out with in the same districts together.
- David
bjhom-p40

Post by bjhom-p40 »

I'm in the Oakland, CA district we started the rollout of the new temple recommends, but not nFS. (as far as I know)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”