Adding documents

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Adding documents

Post by russellhltn »

Is there a way to add my own documents? For example, I'd like to add my Patriarchal Blessing and Priesthood Line of Authority to my scripture app.

I took a quick look at folder where the information is stored hoping it was just XML, but it didn't look like it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swliddle

Post by swliddle »

RussellHltn wrote:Is there a way to add my own documents? For example, I'd like to add my Patriarchal Blessing and Priesthood Line of Authority to my scripture app.

I took a quick look at folder where the information is stored hoping it was just XML, but it didn't look like it.
There isn't a way to add your own content. That's an interesting idea, but we need to get all the Church content published on the app first. As we work on additional content, we'll think about how to accommodate your own documents.
jackcholt

Post by jackcholt »

Not to take this totally off track, because I know you want to add your own content to Gospel Library, but Reveal Reader for Android supports adding your own content. (Full Disclosure: I also develop Reveal Reader ;)).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Link or PM on how to do it appreciated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

RussellHltn wrote:Link ... appreciated.
Russell isn't the only one that is interested. I hadn't thought of this possiblity (adding my own content), but now that the idea is out in the open, I can see where it would be quite useful. So... please post info for all to share.
JLR
jackcholt

Post by jackcholt »

My last response may have been confusing. Reveal Reader supports adding your own content to Reveal Reader not GLA (Gospel Libary for Android). You do this by turning your text into a YanceyWare book (YBK) and adding it into your Reveal Reader library.

Read more about creating YBKs at http://yanceyware.com/support/showthread.php?t=12

By the way, if you have questions about Reveal Reader, please go to http://groups.google.com/group/revealreader

Return to “Android Gospel Library”