Unexpected Access Denied Error

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jgearheart

Unexpected Access Denied Error

Post by jgearheart »

I'm looking for support to resolve the following problem:

For several months I've successfully broadcast our ward meetings to one or two "shut-in" members. It's been wonderful for them to be able to "attend" sacrament meeting, gospel doctrine and priesthood, and to hear and see the faces of the ward members they know.

Three weeks ago, I started receiving the following error message (after starting and logging into Meetinghouse Webcast) - when I pressed the Start Broadcast button:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
System.ApplicationException: Could not start broadcast. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
at WMEncoderLib.WMEncoderClass.PrepareToEncode(Boolean bPrepare)
at Lds.CM.Library.MediaEncoding.WindowsMedia.WMEncoding.StartBroadcast(String server, String username, String password, String publishingPoint, String template, Int32 previewHwnd, Int32 postviewHwnd, DataView& previewDataView, DataView& postviewDataView, String nscFilePath, String nscUrl, String asxFilePath)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Lds.CM.Library.MediaEncoding.WindowsMedia.WMEncoding.StartBroadcast(String server, String username, String password, String publishingPoint, String template, Int32 previewHwnd, Int32 postviewHwnd, DataView& previewDataView, DataView& postviewDataView, String nscFilePath, String nscUrl, String asxFilePath)
at Lds.CM.Library.MediaEncoding.WindowsMedia.WMEncoding.StartBroadcast(String server, String username, String password, String publishingPoint, String template, Int32 previewHwnd, Int32 postviewHwnd, DataView& previewDataView, DataView& postviewDataView)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Business.Webcasting.StartWebcast(Int32 previewHwnd, Int32 postviewHwnd, DataView& previewDataView, DataView& postviewDataView)
at Lds.CM.MeetinghouseWebcast.UI.Views.Shell.ShellWebcast._startStopWebcastBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It appears that I don't have the necessary security to execute a broadcast, however, I can start the broadcast from another laptop, and I can sign into Meetinghouse Webcast successfully before I receive this error.

Any help would be appreciated!
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

I have seen a similar error when I start the Windows Media Encoder software (or anything else that attempts to use the video input device) when the Webcast software is running. It appears that the Webcast software requires an exclusive lock on the video input device or it will not start.

Was any software installed or updated just before this stopped working?

Aaron Z
jgearheart

I think I found the solution...

Post by jgearheart »

Thanks for the response...I think I found the solution, and it wasn't IE security settings or a lock on the video source...(however, as I said, thank you for trying to help out. There are so many little pieces to this that any help is appreciated!)

The issue I was having relates to the fact that the machine I'm using to broadcast has the Novell client installed on it, and I think it's causing problems with the web broadcast software.

I (actually a friend who is also a LAN admin), created a new user ID not associated with or using the Novell log in on the machine. When I use this "other" user ID, bypassing Novell, the web broadcast software works, if I use the Novell ID, I receive the "Cannot broadcast", "Access Denied", error message.

It's interesting, the user ID for both Windows accounts is the same (i.e., a_user), but the password is different. When I change the "other - non Novell" ID password to be the same, the webcast software will not work - receiving the same error messages. I change the password to be different and Meetinghouse Webcast works again.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”