Transfer membership

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gslarson-p40

Transfer membership

Post by gslarson-p40 »

Please direct us on how to transfer a member who is part of a family group in one ward to another ward without transfering the whole family. My Bishop moved our whole family to the Singles Ward instead of our daugther. I do not know how to get us back to our home ward and leave her to mingle with the singles and me to be with my lovely wife. Help!:confused:
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The move should have been a Move Individual Record. It is possible your ward did a Move Household Record by mistake. You can request back the records for each member of the family still in the ward by doing a Request Individual Record.

Before moving your daughter's record out she could have been made a member of her own household. Then when her record or household was moved the rest of your family would not have been moved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's something the clerks involved will have to straighten out. There's really nothing that a member can do other then bringing the problem to their attention. Don't worry, I'm sure they've fixed bigger messes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”