Trouble with send/receive

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
isomz

Trouble with send/receive

Post by isomz »

We have not been able to successfully execute a send/receive this afternoon (after having finished a batch of donations). MLS says "Initializing..." followed by "Preparing data..." and then nothing after that. This is what happens when we try to send/receive over the Internet. When using the phone line it does the same thing except it first dials the phone number and establishes the connection.

I was able to successfully do a send/receive earlier this morning. I noticed that a part of the send/receive was a patch of some sort. When the send/receive was complete, it told me to reboot the system in order to apply the update. Could the trouble we are having be somehow related to the patch?

In any case, I cannot even send a message to SLC now because send/receive does not work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

We are using version 3.2.0_18289 of MLS (according to the help->about dialog).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

isomz wrote:We have not been able to successfully execute a send/receive this afternoon (after having finished a batch of donations). MLS says "Initializing..." followed by "Preparing data..." and then nothing after that. This is what happens when we try to send/receive over the Internet. When using the phone line it does the same thing except it first dials the phone number and establishes the connection.

I was able to successfully do a send/receive earlier this morning. I noticed that a part of the send/receive was a patch of some sort. When the send/receive was complete, it told me to reboot the system in order to apply the update. Could the trouble we are having be somehow related to the patch?

In any case, I cannot even send a message to SLC now because send/receive does not work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

We are using version 3.2.0_18289 of MLS (according to the help->about dialog).
This problem (along with the fix) is described in the thread 3.2 No Send/Receive.

And by the way, you can always send a regular e-mail to msrmail@ldsmail.net if you need to contact Local Unit Support and your MLS is not working.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
isomz

Post by isomz »

That did the trick! Thank you so much. I was able to run the send/receive early this morning (before the deposit was recorded by the bank). I really appreciate the quick response.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”