New Mobile Apps Available

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WCFamilia wrote:Are any of these LDS Mobile apps available on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional devices? if not why not?
The following Windows Mobile apps are under development (each with a link to the project page on the wiki, and my estimate as to where the project stands):
Much of the development of mobile applications has been done by community developers. So although these projects are all approved and are underway, they are at different stages, primarily based on whether there are developers with sufficient time, skill, and motivation to develop these applications.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

WCFamilia wrote:Are any of these LDS Mobile apps available on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional devices? if not why not?
We're working on apps for these devices. Part of the process is getting enough expertise from enough people from the community to help out. Look for it in the near future.
sdtaulbee

Post by sdtaulbee »

Hello everyone.

I'm a support engineer at Microsoft supporting Windows Mobile, and now Windows Phone 7. I have a prototype device that I'm using in order to learn its in and outs, but I don't have my scriptures on it!

I'm seeking the scripture data files in order to develop an application for WP7. As you are already aware, the application on WP7 will be written in C# and use Silverlight as the UI.

Should I just go to the Windows Mobile project to start?

Thanks.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

sdtaulbee wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm a support engineer at Microsoft supporting Windows Mobile, and now Windows Phone 7. I have a prototype device that I'm using in order to learn its in and outs, but I don't have my scriptures on it!

I'm seeking the scripture data files in order to develop an application for WP7. As you are already aware, the application on WP7 will be written in C# and use Silverlight as the UI.

Should I just go to the Windows Mobile project to start?

Thanks.
I don't think the Church will currently lend out the scripture data files for anyone who wants to do a project involving them. Rather, you can volunteer on the Windows Mobile scriptures project that is already underway. In order to have access to the scripture files, you must be involved in the Church's sponsored project, and at that point, those files may only be used for that project you're volunteered for.

I actually have ties to the project, as mentioned earlier in this thread:
mkmurray wrote:I can attest that progress is being made. I'm still in touch with the team even though I haven't actively helped in a while. The hangups for the Windows Mobile apps are a small team of active participants and also the Microsoft mobile development technologies themselves. Windows Phone 7 should improve things, but in order to get the most adoption, we have to currently target Windows Mobile 6 and 6.5.
My interest would probably be rekindled with Windows Phone 7.
sdtaulbee

Post by sdtaulbee »

Thanks.

On the Projects page I only see three: Mormon Channel, LDS Maps and iMOS. Where is Mobile?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sdtaulbee wrote:On the Projects page I only see three: Morman Channel, LDS Maps and iMOS. Where is Mobile?
I'm not sure what you mean by "the Projects page." When I hear that term, I think of the Community Projects page. Or in the context of Windows Mobile, there is the Windows Mobile applications category page. But both of those show Mormon Channel, LDS Mobile, and Gospel Library applications for the Windows Mobile platform.

Where are you looking?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BStohlton-p40

Editing Gospel Library (iPad) on Desktop

Post by BStohlton-p40 »

The new Gospel Library for the iPad is great. Thanks for improving my study and providing a means to mark up content and build a repository of knowledge, thoughts, inspirations, etc.

While the iPad is great for consuming content, I think it's less effective than a desktop/laptop in producing content. As a result, I would like to see a means for making edits to Gospel Library offline (desktop/laptop) and then syncing the changes to the mobile device, whether a phone or tablet. In a PC or MAC environment, it would be easier to mark up important verses, thoughts, etc. and add bookmarks, especially where the bookmark note contains longer passages that could easily be cut and pasted. It would be inefficient to type them in long hand. Hopefully, this has been considered, is possible, and is soon to be rolled out.

Thanks again for a great improvement.

All the best.

Brett Stohlton
Obp. Castañeda-p40

any news for windows mobile

Post by Obp. Castañeda-p40 »

any update of the scriptures in spanish for windows mobile?

Thanks..
Chrisrpeterson

Post by Chrisrpeterson »

Any information on when the Android Gospel Library will allow for content download the way that the iOS version does? I really miss this now that I use Android. Thanks
--
Chris Peterson
chrisrpeterson@gmail.com
brado426

Post by brado426 »

chrisrpeterson wrote:Any information on when the Android Gospel Library will allow for content download the way that the iOS version does? I really miss this now that I use Android. Thanks

Check out Reveal Reader if you haven't already. It allows for content download.

Brad O.

Return to “Mobile Applications”