How to tell if copier is on Local Unit Copier program

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
harjon

How to tell if copier is on Local Unit Copier program

Post by harjon »

How can you tell if a copier is on the Local Unit Copier program managed by the Church?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Thrasonic wrote:How can you tell if a copier is on the Local Unit Copier program managed by the Church?
I don't know of any way to tell by visual inspection, although our new copiers did come with a sticker (placed by the FM Group, perhaps?) that gave the LDS Copier Administration support number.

In any case, your FM group would certainly know, since they would have delivered the new copier when it was placed in your ward or stake. I'm pretty sure that LDS Copier Administration could look it up as well, if you gave them the model and serial numbers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
harjon

Post by harjon »

Thanks Alan. I'm checking to see if the FM Group installed it. How do I get in touch with the LDS Copier Administration if the FM Group comes back saying they didn't install it?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Thrasonic wrote:Thanks Alan. I'm checking to see if the FM Group installed it. How do I get in touch with the LDS Copier Administration if the FM Group comes back saying they didn't install it?
If your FM group didn't install it, why would you need to get in touch w/ LDS Copier Admin? Only copiers supplied by the FM group would be covered/managed by copier admin. To get a copier that is, you would also need to go through your FM group.

Local unit copier maintains a forum on this site here. A phone number listed for copier issues is 800-537-7192, but that would only be relevant for copiers on the Local Unit Copier Program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Thrasonic wrote: How do I get in touch with the LDS Copier Administration if the FM Group comes back saying they didn't install it?
From the wiki here you can get the phone number
LDS Copier Administration be reached at 800-537-7192; an interactive phone menu will connect you to the right department. In some cases, you will be connected to a third party (such as Xerox or En Pointe), but the person answering the phone will know that you reached them through the Church.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:If your FM group didn't install it, why would you need to get in touch w/ LDS Copier Admin?
The information from the FM group might be incorrect (they simply don't remember supplying it.), or LDS Copier Admin might be able to determine that this site meets the criteria for a replacement even if the existing copier was outside of their program.

It's only a phone call and I'd do that before spending the ward's money.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

RussellHltn wrote:The information from the FM group might be incorrect (they simply don't remember supplying it.), or LDS Copier Admin might be able to determine that this site meets the criteria for a replacement even if the existing copier was outside of their program.

It's only a phone call and I'd do that before spending the ward's money.
As always, good points.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”