Link Error - Young Womens Manual 2

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
kbeckstrand-p40

Link Error - Young Womens Manual 2

Post by kbeckstrand-p40 »

In lesson 26, The Sacrament, the link to 1 Corinthians 11:29 returns an error that the link location does not exist in the installed book.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

kbeckstrand wrote:In lesson 26, The Sacrament, the link to 1 Corinthians 11:29 returns an error that the link location does not exist in the installed book.
I couldn't duplicate the error, so apparently it got fixed. The lesson in question can be found HERE and the link is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

-Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Mikerowaved wrote:I couldn't duplicate the error, so apparently it got fixed. The lesson in question can be found HERE and the link is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

-Mike
This was posted in the iPhone Gospel Library sub-forum. I don't think what you found is what was being reported.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mkmurray wrote:This was posted in the iPhone Gospel Library sub-forum. I don't think what you found is what was being reported.
D'OH! You're correct. :o Can someone with an iPhone verify the broken link in the above mentioned YM lesson?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried checking the Android version but I don't see a YW manual. I thought it would be worth checking the source for the error, but I don't know where that is. :o
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:Can someone with an iPhone verify the broken link in the above mentioned YM lesson?
I verified that the link is broken in Gospel Library on my iPod touch. When I touch the link to 1 Corinthians 11:29, I get an alert with the title "Library Error" and text "Unable to find reference to book already in library".
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

subtlecoolness wrote:When I touch the link to 1 Corinthians 11:29, I get an alert with the title "Library Error" and text "Unable to find reference to book already in library".
I removed Gospel Library from my iPod touch and downloaded it fresh from the App Store. I then went to Manage Library and only downloaded New Testament and Young Women Manual 2. Then I went to this bad link and tried it again.

I got an alert with the title "Item not in Library" and text "Would you like to download?" I had two buttons: "Cancel" and "Ok". I touch "Ok" and it moved me to Manage Library and started downloading Old Testament.

When the download was complete, I tried the link again and I got the original error I reported previously.

What's more, Old Testament downloaded to the Home screen instead of the Scriptures section. Now the Gospel Library Home screen shows "Old Testament", "Scriptures", "Curriculum", &c.
kbeckstrand-p40

Post by kbeckstrand-p40 »

subtlecoolness thanks for verifying this for me.
brovest-p40

YM -Aaronic Priesthood Manual - Lesson 14

Post by brovest-p40 »

They same link for 1 Corinthians 11:26-29 is broken.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”