MLS 3.2 Log Off Error

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gpetersen-p40

MLS 3.2 Log Off Error

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

One of my wards reported that since upgrading to MLS 3.2 they receive an error when logging off of MLS. An error box opens and after you select OK a blank window opens and hangs. MLS never exits. I was forced to use Task Manager to terminate the program. Another window then opens that says "javaw.exe was nonresponsive". Task Manager then closes the window.
I reinstalled MLS, uninstalled MLS, then reinstalled MLS with no success in eliminating the problem. I even changed the name of the log file which seems to have resolved other problems clerks were having with this version of MLS. Still no success.
I have discovered that if you "Exit" instead of "Log Off" MLS appears to exit cleanly. So that is how we are exiting now.
If anyone has a solution, I am willing to try anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The best solution is to call support when they open Monday.

But if you want to try something, I'd suggest backing up and restoring the data using the MLS utilities. I can't tell from your post how you restored the data.

I'm suspecting the data is somehow corrupted and the MLS restore process rebuilds the database. Obviously, if you restore using the Windows copy command, the rebuild that won't happen.

Failing that, you might want to close MLS and clear out all the temp files in C:\Documents and Settings\Clerk\Local Settings\Temp

There's some Java files cached there that might be messed up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”