Webcast Receiver to AV System

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
gholladay

Webcast Receiver to AV System

Post by gholladay »

I have a working webcast system (Webcast Communicator to Webcast Receiver). The Stake President has requested that we run the webcast receiver into the Audio/Video (Satellite) system so the webcast can be viewed in mulitple rooms. I am working with the our FM Group to do this. They have added another video modulator in the AV cabinet for webcast reception.

When we tried to connect the Webcast Receiver to the AV system we found that we didn't have the correct connectors. The Webcast Receiver output is DVI and the video modulator input is coax.

I have found DVI to Component Audio adapters for $5-10 on Amazon.com, but the documentation indicates that they only work with select ATI Radion cards (ATI RADEON 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 8500, 8500LE series or ATI ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 9800, 9700, 9600, 8500, 8500DV series video card). Will this adapter work for us?

The Webcast web site indicates that we need a scan converter. Is there a particular scan converter that is recommended?

Thanks in advance for your help and experiences.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gholladay wrote:the video modulator input is coax.
I'm 95% sure you need composite (the old video standard), not "component".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm 95% sure you need composite (the old video standard), not "component".
RussellHltn is incorrect, the Video output of the Unit is a DVI-I connector, it is intended to be used to connect to a projector. and not run through the building system.
As to your question about a scan converter, there are many and they vary widely. remeber though that you get what you pay for. look for something in the $100 range. You will want a DVI-A to Composite Video
For Information on the various forms of DVI go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
harrydupape

using a Modulator for distibuting the signal works

Post by harrydupape »

We also added a pico modulator to our rack on channel 7. we then used a VGA to Composite converter to converter the signal to composite. from the composite output we used a cable that had a connector that converted it to an RG6 end or Coax. the Composite converter was purchased online for less than $25 and gets its power from the usb on the receiver. For the converter search Ebay for a RCA Composite S-video VGA to VGA Monitor Converter.

Also if you want to skip adding a seperate modulator to can add an A/V switch for composite audio/video between the outputs on the satalite and the cables. this will allow you to use the built in sound system for conferance and the projector jack found in most buildings without extensive wiring mess while still being able to tune in tv's in othe rooms. so If conferance comes in on Channel 3 then this woudl be a switch for that input from satalite to communicator.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”