Adding/Editing callings on beta directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wholladay-p40

Adding/Editing callings on beta directory

Post by wholladay-p40 »

So I just discovered the beta.lds.org/directory the other day and I was so excited I could barely contain myself. The reason I'm so excited is that I'm currently serving in a branch presidency in Costa Rica. Since we are a branch, we don't have our own computer system. Since we don't have our own computer system, we don't have any convenient way to enter new information about the branch. Anyway, I am really excited to see this site become fully functioning.

I've seen comments that lead me to believe that we should be able to make changes to callings in the branch now. However, I could not find a place to do that. Since our branch president is the only person listed in the system as actually having a calling, I went to his house and had him log in to see if some admin option would show up. It did not.

Did I miss something, or is this feature not yet available? If it is not yet available, can someone tell me when it might be?

Also, if this is not the proper forum for such questions, can some kind sole please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much,
Walter
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

If the branch president goes to beta.lds.org directly (no /directory) and logs in, he should see an additional tool that is for leaders only. I don't believe it has the capability of changing callings (yet), though. That would only be done through MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wholladay wrote:My branch president is the only one with a calling set in the whole branch. I went to his home the other day to see if we logged in as him, we could setup some other callings. We did not find anyway to do it. How is this is this done?

Thanks,
Walter

By the way, I belong to a branch in Costa Rica, and we don't have our own computer system, so this feature would really be a life saver.

That ablility is still being developed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wholladay wrote:So I just discovered the beta.lds.org/directory the other day and I was so excited I could barely contain myself. The reason I'm so excited is that I'm currently serving in a branch presidency in Costa Rica. Since we are a branch, we don't have our own computer system. Since we don't have our own computer system, we don't have any convenient way to enter new information about the branch.
Currently I think the callings all come from MLS. I'm not sure how that would work for units that don't have their own computer. It may be a feature that gets added later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

There is not a planned feature to allow assigning callings through the Directory application. The only data that the Directory app will allow you to change is contact info and pictures for ward/branch members. There are other web tools being developed that will bring this type of functionality to the web eventually. The tools that oregonmatt mentions in his post are the beginnings of this.

By the way, I served my mission in Costa Rica from '96 - '98. What a great place to be...:D

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”