Old Stake Callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
eblood66

Old Stake Callings

Post by eblood66 »

We've got a problem with some stake callings that show on the Members with Callings report. A few months ago our ward was moved to a new stake. Since then all of the members of our ward who had stake callings in the old stake still show as having those callings.

I know that at least some of those callings have been changed in CDOL because a member of the stake presidency in the old stake is in our ward. CDOL for the old stake has been updated with the new stake presidency member but our ward member is still listed as in the Stake Presidency in our MLS.

Since these are stake callings MLS won't let me remove the callings. They don't show up in our new stake's MLS (which makes sense) so they can't remove them either. I don't know how to get rid of them.

My stake clerk has already contacted Local Unit Support but we haven't had any resolution on it yet so I thought I'd bring it here to see if anyone else has dealt with this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:Since these are stake callings MLS won't let me remove the callings. They don't show up in our new stake's MLS (which makes sense) so they can't remove them either. I don't know how to get rid of them.
The only things I can think of are:
  1. Ask the old stake to see if the members still show up in their stake MLS. If so, the old stake could remove those people. But that's a long shot -- the old stake probably can't see those former stake members anymore.
  2. It would also be interesting if the old stake could look in CDOL to see if the members of your stake still appear there in leadership positions. There's nothing anyone can do directly about that, but it would help narrow down the source of the problem.
  3. Do a Unit Data Refresh in your new ward. Again, it's a bit of a long shot, but it's worth a try.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:The only things I can think of are:
  1. Ask the old stake to see if the members still show up in their stake MLS. If so, the old stake could remove those people. But that's a long shot -- the old stake probably can't see those former stake members anymore.
  2. It would also be interesting if the old stake could look in CDOL to see if the members of your stake still appear there in leadership positions. There's nothing anyone can do directly about that, but it would help narrow down the source of the problem.
  3. Do a Unit Data Refresh in your new ward. Again, it's a bit of a long shot, but it's worth a try.
  1. Haven't done that yet because it does seem like a long shot. They were always good at updating callings before in that stake so I can't imagine that they wouldn't have entered the replacements for those in our ward. But maybe I'll email the stake clerk in the old ward just to make sure.
  2. Although I can't see all positions in the old stake in CDOL, I can see the stake presidency and stake clerks (as pretty much anybody with CDOL access can see for any stake). Since a member of our ward was in the stake presidency, I can say that he does not show up in CDOL anymore. Another member of our ward was stake executive secretary. He doesn't show up in CDOL in the old stake either but he's still listed as stake executive secretary in our MLS.
  3. I have done a data refresh a couple of times. No luck.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:No luck.
Well, that's a tough situation. I did have an experience where one of our wards did not synchronize properly with CDOL. Local Unit Support was able to set some sort of flag that caused all the MLS calling information to be refreshed on CDOL on the next Send/Receive. But your situation is a bit different. It sounds like your only remaining option is to ask Local Unit Support for help.

Good luck!

P.S. I'm sure you're planning on it, but please report back when the issue is resolved -- it will be interesting to see what the fix is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One of my co-workers had the same thing happen in his ward. There stake was split and there MLS still shows the old stake presidency.

The problem is that for some positions MLS only shows the first calling it has for that position. Because the old stake presidency wasn't released a notification of that never was sent from CDOL to MLS, so MLS has both stake presidents but only shows the old one. A bug has been logged for this. I will follow up with him to see if it has been resolved. It might require supports help.

Currently the next main release of CDOL and MLS are to try and solve as many of these remaining position issues.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”