Send/Receive to PRODUCTION server

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
PNMarkW2

Send/Receive to PRODUCTION server

Post by PNMarkW2 »

We are having an issue when we do a Send/Receive though, each and every time a dialog pops up warning us we're connecting to the PRODUCTION database and requiring us to enter "yes" before it will proceed. We did not have this message priot to the update, any ideas on how to get rid of it?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I have a unit with this same message, however, it pre-dated the upgrade. I called today and am waiting for a call back.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Support came back and told me the Firewall was the issue and that I had 'too much access to the church network' I'm not sure I believe the answer, but my next action is to work with Global Service Desk to re-config the Firewall.....
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jshawut wrote:Support came back and told me the Firewall was the issue and that I had 'too much access to the church network' I'm not sure I believe the answer, but my next action is to work with Global Service Desk to re-config the Firewall.....
Did they explain what they meant by "too much access".
If you get a resolution to this, please return and report to this thread.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

that's why i put that phrase in the post... It wasn't explained any better than that. They referenced a unit who shares FM facilities, but that's about it. I will return and report...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So, if this suggestion is correct, then we would expect the only people who would experience this problem are on broadband and are likely to be sharing the connection with something else (in your case, the FM Group).

Does that match what others are seeing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

RussellHltn wrote:So, if this suggestion is correct, then we would expect the only people who would experience this problem are on broadband and are likely to be sharing the connection with something else (in your case, the FM Group).

Does that match what others are seeing?
So far I've not had anyone call on this. All of mine are shared with FHC's so the issue may only be if sharing FM Group access is causing this.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

We have this issue and our internet connection it off of the FHC across the hall. I will add that we had this issue before, it went away (I don't know why, but thought it was after a upgrade), and it only returned now after the upgrade to 3.2.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
quintonrhq

Production server issue

Post by quintonrhq »

I have just installed 3.2.1 and get the production server logon problem or state. There is a Cisco firewall in the building but the wiring has been bypassed around the Cisco firewall. Type in www.gambling.com and you get that site not a blocking message.
A call to CHQ support did not know what the precise problem was but my guess is a church firewall has to be in the chain somewhere. Another building does not have this issue and goes thru a Cisco and then a netgear firewall.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

starobelka wrote:There is a Cisco firewall in the building but the wiring has been bypassed around the Cisco firewall. Type in www.gambling.com and you get that site not a blocking message.
I'd urge you to report that to get it fixed immediately.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”