The Mormon Channel Project

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jltware wrote:Doesn't look like the windows mobile version is going anywhere fast either :(.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems the newer the OS the more attention it gets. <sigh>
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

jltware wrote:Doesn't look like the windows mobile version is going anywhere fast either :(
Mikerowaved wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems the newer the OS the more attention it gets. <sigh>
</sigh>
I can assure you they all get attention and all have some talented people associated with them and the "more attention" is associated by the simple fact that more people have volunteered to be involved with those, nothing else.
<sigh>

</sigh>
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

dkjorgi wrote:I can assure you they all get attention and all have some talented people associated with them and the "more attention" is associated by the simple fact that more people have volunteered to be involved with those, nothing else.<sigh></sigh>
I'm not doubting that at all. Most of those blessed with that kind of programming talent love to stay ahead of the technology curve and have long since given up their ipaqs for ipods. ;)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I used to be more active with the Windows Mobile volunteer team. I have since had to step away from it for a while because of a busy work schedule and also frustration with Microsoft's SDK and framework for mobile development (Win Mo 6.5 and below). My interest may be rekindled when the apps are ported to Windows Phone 7.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

My new Sonny cellphone with touch screen... uh, not using it yet... takes FM radios in! they can also be put in memory... Also internett. I am sure FM is the radiowaves mostly taken in to all kinds of phones/ small and big radioes around here.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

That's the big difference, one of two, between European cellphones and the American versions. The American versions and providers do not provide an FM receiver for cellphones, there is one for HD Radio (on FM, similar to DAB in Europe) reception that you can use with the iPhone, but it's an aftermarket product.

The second one is that the phones here are 'locked', so you can't use them on a different carrier than the one selling the phone. I think the FCC here in the US is looking at the issue now, although I haven't seen movement on it in a while.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JamesAnderson wrote:The second one is that the phones here are 'locked', so you can't use them on a different carrier than the one selling the phone. I think the FCC here in the US is looking at the issue now, although I haven't seen movement on it in a while.
It's part technical and part marketing. The technical part is that different carriers run different protocols. Typically phones only work in one protocol so it can't be used on a carrier that uses a different protocol.

The most recent experiment with unlocked phones (Google) seems to have been a dud. It seems people would much rather pay a modest price with a two year contract then pay full cost for a unlocked phone.

But getting back to the subject line, there's signs that the days of the "unlimited data plan" may be numbered. That may affect the popularity of the Mormon Channel.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

MayaML

Post by MayaML »

It would not be possible to make good old FM radios around? Those can be picked up by "usual" phones too.... internett again is expencive to have in phones anyway. FM is free.... to listen (except the states aquire a special radio payment). To make an FM station is possibly expencive? Europe could be filled with FM radiotunes and USA those they have.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Maya wrote:To make an FM station is possibly expencive?
Very expensive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

MayaML

Post by MayaML »

:( Sigh....

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”