lds.org/mss Question

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Mac-p40

lds.org/mss Question

Post by Mac-p40 »

Regarding lds.org/mss: At the bottom of the Service and Information page for each individual missionary candidate, there's a "Source of Funds" section. How am I supposed to fill that section out?

Whatever values I've tried to input (including whole numbers and percentages) have been rejected and I get the following error: "Your total contributed amount must equal". I'm not exactly sure what that error means, especially considering the fact that the total is automatically calculated on the webpage

By the way, how much does it cost to serve a mish nowadays? When I served, it was 10 Gs, but that was some time ago. Anyway, I was thinking the amounts that I input need to match the total cost of a mission, although I'm not sure what that cost is.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mac wrote:Regarding lds.org/mss: At the bottom of the Service and Information page for each individual missionary candidate, there's a "Source of Funds" section. How am I supposed to fill that section out?

Whatever values I've tried to input (including whole numbers and percentages) have been rejected and I get the following error: "Your total contributed amount must equal". I'm not exactly sure what that error means, especially considering the fact that the total is automatically calculated on the webpage

By the way, how much does it cost to serve a mish nowadays? When I served, it was 10 Gs, but that was some time ago. Anyway, I was thinking the amounts that I input need to match the total cost of a mission, although I'm not sure what that cost is.

You should input whole numbers in local currency, with no currency symbol. The numbers for the various sources are monthly amounts. For young elders and sisters serving, the current equalized amount is $400 per month (which for a 24 month mission for elders adds up to $9600).

So the numbers might be something like 400 family and 0 for everything else, or 100 family 200 ward 100 self, or similar numbers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ethanwilkinson-p40

Similar problems...

Post by ethanwilkinson-p40 »

I'm from England...every time I enter a value in the field, change them around etc...they total up (by default) but I can't proceed because it keeps showing the error message.
It automatically detects that the currency is GBP...
Help!

Return to “Main Church Website”