Mls 3.2

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
golfteam

Mls 3.2

Post by golfteam »

When will MLS 3.2 be available on mls.lds.org?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

$clerk wrote:When will MLS 3.2 be available on mls.lds.org?
It will be downloadable when it is released. This weekend's MLS message said that would be in a couple weeks.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
golfteam

MLS 3.2 is now available

Post by golfteam »

You might get it as an automatic update or you can go to

http://www.lds.org/mls/login
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

We got an automatic update today...it's been updating the database for a *long* time now. No exact time frame here, but 20-30 minutes comes to mind. Anyone else done this? I know a lot depends on the system, but how long is this taking other people?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

Our systems updated relatively quickly - we have an internet connection. Our problem is not updating, but transmitting after the update. We have a couple of units that are having trouble transmitting. Anyone else seeing this problem?
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Our update was stuck at the same point (as gauged by the total lack of movement in the progress bar) for a couple hours. Deciding that I couldn't leave it like that forever, I figuring this update should be quicker, I pressed the Exit button for the program. MLS exited cleanly, I restarted the program, the Updating Database dialog came up, with the progress bar jumping to the exact same spot, except now it completed.

The only issue I can see now is that when we do a Send/Receive a dialog pops up saying we're about to connect to the PRODUCTION server, and asking us to confirm this action. The Send/Receive appears to complete, but I can't prove it. I've seen this before after a previous update, but it corrected itself when a later update was issued. Is this anything anyone else is seeing? Is there anything we can do to get rid of this rather obvious dialog?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

We are unable to transmit. Using send/receive results in two mini message windows: "Initializing" and "Preparing data". Nothing else seems to occur. Batch files are still waiting in queue, and MLS lets me know that during exit.

Another unit in our stake can't transmit either.

Is it 3.2 or a server somewhere? The donations batch can sit in the bank, but checks need to be released.

Any ideas or insight would be comforting.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Problems after patch updates of MLS can be corrected most of the time by doing a complete install using the installer downloaded from mls.lds.org. I would try this before pursuing other options such as calling the help desk.

For those who have not downloaded MLS from mls.lds.org before you will need to enter your unit number as the username. You can get the password from your stake clerk or STS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

jdlessley wrote:Problems after patch updates of MLS can be corrected most of the time by doing a complete install using the installer downloaded from mls.lds.org. I would try this before pursuing other options such as calling the help desk.
We tried this for one of our units and it didn't work. I am going to email a couple of debug files to support on Monday. Wait - it is Monday!
AdamE-p40

Confirming issue

Post by AdamE-p40 »

We have the exact same issue, won't transmit over Internet or dailup, checks also cannot be processed. Worked in the morning before the "upgrade" now doesn't work. We tried a full download as well, to no avail. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming soon.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”