Two Head of House in Same Location

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Two Head of House in Same Location

Post by kalnius »

I know that there have been discussions on this topic in the past.

I have two adult males (brothers) recently baptized who reside at the same residence. Right now, one of them is listed as head of the household and he is the only one who shows up on the ward directory or LUWS.

How do I change it so that they are both heads of household living at the same address?

Thanks for directing me to a thread or wiki on this subject.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

This is not uncommon in some situations, my own family has one where a sister had to move in with my parents, she has a husband and children there also, and the parents are themselves, as a husband and wife.

Not sure how it's handled in setting up what you have described to be sure things are showing up right. Might be best to use a procedure similar to where two families share a residence (same address, etc.) that might already exist.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Ozzy wrote:How do I change it so that they are both heads of household living at the same address?
In MLS:
  1. Go to the Household Record (not the Individual Record)
  2. For the person who is not the Head of Household, click on the Remove link to the right of his name.
  3. Choose "Make a new household, and assign the member as the head" (this is the default) and click OK.
  4. Enter the contact information.
  5. Save
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

You might also check to see if they have one set of home teachers or two. If they have one set of home teachers, each visit will be recorded as one family visited, but the records will show two families (2 hoh). It will reduce the home teaching percentages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Going forward, I think the reports will still use the same HoH definition, so I wouldn't expect any change in the percentages. But I think you are right in that one may have to go back and enter any visits for the second HoH once he's separated out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thank you!
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary

Return to “Membership Help”