Member's Phone #'s Not on LUWS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Member's Phone #'s Not on LUWS

Post by kalnius »

I have noticed that there are a few phone numbers not appearing on LUWS. They are in MLS.

What do I do to get these to show up online?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Ozzy wrote:I have noticed that there are a few phone numbers not appearing on or LUWS. They are in MLS.

What do I do to get these to show up online?
You might want to make sure they are household phone numbers, since individual phone numbers don't show up in LUWS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:You might want to make sure they are household phone numbers, since individual phone numbers don't show up in LUWS.
Or just wait for the beta directory (replacement of the LUWS feature) to be rolled out sometime soon, as detailed here in a thread I started: No phone number for family on LUWS

I personally would rather not move a phone number I put in an Individual field to a Household field, if it is known to not be a household phone number. How am I supposed to remember all the numbers to put it back in their correct places when the Church finally releases the new software? I won't, so that is why I will keep the integrity of the data by leaving it in its appropriate field and wait for the software to catch up (and by this I mean migration from LUWS to the new online member directory, as the former doesn't have the correct logic implemented to match the changes to MLS contact info).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to what others have said, make sure that the member hasn't asked at some point to have their phone number taken off the website. LUWS has a feature that allows this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:In addition to what others have said, make sure that the member hasn't asked at some point to have their phone number taken off the website. LUWS has a feature that allows this.
That was true once upon a time, but is no longer the case. When a member uses the current LUWS to change any of your display setting via Update Profile, LDS Account is used to update those settings. There is only an option for choosing to display or not display the email address; there is no option for phone number.

However, I suppose that this does raise an interesting question. Is it possible that the members in question opted out of displaying a phone number back before LUWS switched to LDS Account, and that this setting is remembered in some LUWS database which still controls whether the phone number is displayed? If that is true, then there is probably no way to change it, since there is no longer any user interface for changing that setting.

In any case, it's just a short time until the new directory comes online. Once that happens, individual members will again be able to choose whether their phone numbers are displayed, as mkmurray mentioned.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I guess I should have been clearer. At the member's request, a LUWS admin can hide the phone number. I just looked, and that feature option still shows up in the admin screen. I don't think the member has ever had direct control of that option.

It's not clear to me that the OP is a LUWS admin, or has looked at the directory while in admin mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

I discovered that the numbers in question were not entered as household numbers. Thanks for the direction.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary

Return to “Membership Help”