Adding family members over 8 years old that aren't baptized

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
speterso2002@yahoo.com-p40

Adding family members over 8 years old that aren't baptized

Post by speterso2002@yahoo.com-p40 »

I am trying unsuccessfully to add a family member who is over eight years old to a family that recently adopted. I have attempted to use "New Child of Record" and "Non-member Record", but cannot include the child's biological parent's names, place of birth, birth-date, etc. After entering the above information in the screens provided for the above-mentioned options, the record is discarded when I cannot provide a baptism date.

How can I enter this child into the ward, with all the vitals, without a baptism date?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Interesting situation...

This wiki article says to use "New Child of Record," but I imagine the article is making an assumption that the age is below 9: Recording events

This wiki article explains Nonmember Records: Temporary Membership Record - Nonmember Records

...and references an article about Linked Records that may of interest to your situation: Linked Record

It appears you would have to do a Special Request to Church HQ to accomplish a linked record (if that's even the right approach): Special Requests

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”