Full-time missionaries on action and interview list

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
iamrkh

Full-time missionaries on action and interview list

Post by iamrkh »

I notice that the names of full-time missionaries from the ward appear on the bishop's action and interview list (interviews of young single adults).

Should this be occurring? Is there a way to prevent their names from showing up on the list until they return home?
jltware

Post by jltware »

The only thing I could think to suggest is removing them from the Young Single Adults class list. However, I suspect the Bishop's action and interview list will be based on the "raw" membership records with a filter for age and marital status, rather than on the YSA class or group list. At least I hope it is, because if I was a Bishop relying on this list to make sure I saw everyone, I would prefer to have to rule a line through the odd name rather than missing people because the Sunday School president had been playing with the rolls.

I suspect it is more trouble than it is worth to add this feature to MLS. It could also result in RMs disappearing off the Bishop's radar at a critical time in their lives because somebody forgot to disassociate them from the missionary calling in MLS. In reality, the number of people affected by this at any given time is probably small compared to the number of less active members (or lost members who have moved out) that would appear on the list at any time. So the benefit from adding this feature would be minimal. The list is only a template, and the exec sec will still have to use some wisdom in setting up appointments for the Bishop rather than relying solely upon a computer program.

Maybe the Bishop could use the opportunity when it appears on his list every 6/12 months to remind him to write a letter to that missionary, or to check up on his financial contributions to make sure he is up to date in funding his mission.

These are only suggestions.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

jltware wrote:Maybe the Bishop could use the opportunity when it appears on his list every 6/12 months to remind him to write a letter to that missionary, or to check up on his financial contributions to make sure he is up to date in funding his mission.
great suggestions - duly noted :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”