The Mormon Channel Project

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

I am all for starting international first. Why? NOT because I am ... international, but because there are soooo many LDS in USA that they can do the misionarywork esy, but here where I live and where only 1-2 % of population is LDS getting that here would mean a broader possibility of misionarywork. Especially if it would be on each countries (or language areas) language. I see so the need of at least ONE good station with positive deacent programs and music (not only clasical but rock too aso) around here!

My best frends son works for Nokia development. He si a member. I can send him a word if needed. I am sure Nokia might be interested in working wioth what is needed. An other popular mobile here is Ericsson. Of course I go ALL for Nokia :D. Samsung is also popular... I got a new one (toucboard one)... but I like my old Nokia better...
Let me know if I should contact him. So often people dont have time for more than work and family, but they may stil be interested in beeing with in developing things if they knew they are needed.... Many dont bother english forums... much easier on your own language.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Maya wrote:My best frends son works for Nokia development. He si a member. I can send him a word if needed.
I think that would be a good idea. There's a few Nokia owners that are hoping someone will develop the channel for their phone.

Maybe you can answer another question - what is the data plans like in your area? Is a Mormon Channel practical for most users? That is, do you have unlimited data plans? Or would it become expensive to use the Mormon Channel on the phone?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silid

Post by silid »

In the UK most networks offer an 'unlimited' data plan that can be added to your phone package whatever the phone model. What each network means by 'unlimited' is different though and it may not always be suitable to use it for streaming media. Downloading podcasts etc should be fine though.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

RussellHltn wrote:I think that would be a good idea. There's a few Nokia owners that are hoping someone will develop the channel for their phone.

Maybe you can answer another question - what is the data plans like in your area? Is a Mormon Channel practical for most users? That is, do you have unlimited data plans? Or would it become expensive to use the Mormon Channel on the phone?
I will take contact with him and tell him about this.

Over here EVERYTHING has its price ... and here in Norway nothin is cheep. You pay for each call you make first startpayment then how long you talk, each sms cost byitself and if you use internett on the phone it will cost you depending on how much you upload in kbs. My bishop said that he believes people would be careful in the use of internett on mobiles.

Looks like there is a new thing called iConnect 348 nKr a month and that has unlimited use of internett! (I think my bishop did not know that.)
Miniruter is 148 nKr a month and our internett is about 399 nKr for 7000/1000kbps a month.
Looks like in Finland internett for mobile, where you can load music is 9.90€ a month. Miniruter ab.16€
Looks likeit is coming, but ther is not yet any pacages with all internett use in one. We pay for internett, mobile internett and telephone all separate, sometimes the telephone is included in the internett use, but not mobile or miniruter.

:D It may be that I have forgotten to register... I thought I did but possibly not... what did I do with my membership number...:rolleyes:
Uh Temple recomend of course.... my head aces.
carljokl

Mormon Channel for JavaME

Post by carljokl »

I wonder if there would be demand for a Mormon Channel app for JavaME. It seems JavaME is the only platform missing from the list of Mormon Channel platforms compared with the Gospel Library platforms. The MIDP 2.0 JavaME platform which is being targeted for the JavaME Gospel Library has APIs for playing media. My concern would be bandwidth and how much it would cost the typical user of a JavaME phone to stream media, unless the owner had some very generous data plan.

JavaME apps for phones are called MIDlets. MIDlets can be grouped together in a MIDlet suite. It is possible that eventually the Mormon channel could be another MIDLet along with the Gospel Library in an LDS MIDlet suite.
There are no problems, only solutions.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

We were driving quite a few hours in Finalnd and we found a nice readio station that played spiritual music.... too bad there is no LDS channels on the air.... I think it was pentacostal. Many very beautiful songs. Radio do not play LDS music and do not have short LDS talks but do have from other Christian religions. Most ly we are not considered Christian so they do not give us sending time. :(
rmanpaul

Blackberry 9700 - Mormon Channel Issues

Post by rmanpaul »

I have downloaded this on my Blackberry Bold 9700.

I constantly get "loading schedule"

Does anyone know what I need to do in order to be able to use this on my phone?

Thanks

Paul
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Maya wrote:We were driving quite a few hours in Finalnd and we found a nice readio station that played spiritual music.... too bad there is no LDS channels on the air.... I think it was pentacostal. Many very beautiful songs. Radio do not play LDS music and do not have short LDS talks but do have from other Christian religions. Most ly we are not considered Christian so they do not give us sending time. :(

We have this same problem in Portuguese... too many resources are only available in English and Spanish... not for other languages.
jltware

Post by jltware »

Doesn't look like the windows mobile version is going anywhere fast either :(. It's almost enough to make somebody consider an apple phone (almost, but not quite :rolleyes:).
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

rmanpaul,

Sometimes the stream is slow. If it still isn't working try reinstalling.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”