PC price list from 1986

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mfmohlma

PC price list from 1986

Post by mfmohlma »

Whilst cleaning out the clerk's office I ran across quite a gem that I had to share. Here are the instructions, specifications, and price list for ordering a ward PC from 1986. It might quell any clerks' qualms about whether their current PC is fast enough or not. ;)
Attachments
ChurchPCs1986.pdf
(103.85 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

oregonmatt wrote:Whilst cleaning out the clerk's office I ran across quite a gem that I had to share. Here are the instructions, specifications, and price list for ordering a ward PC from 1986. It might quell any clerks' qualms about whether their current PC is fast enough or not. ;)
Wow! Reminds me of the MANY times my father used to tell me about $0.05/bread and $0.1995/gallon gasoline :D
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

It's a historical joy!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm trying to remember what our ward's first computer was. I clearly remember a PS/2, but there might have been a Epson before that.

I know the first computer in the FHC was a Epson (SX16?) with a CD-ROM that had the CDs in little cartridges that ran the first FamilySearch products.

P.S. It must have been quite a clean up to unearth that strata level. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

RussellHltn wrote:P.S. It must have been quite a clean up to unearth that strata level. :D
Very old (as in organized a long time) ward. :) I also found a fantastic binder of ward histories that started back in the '50s. We're starting to be able to move around in the clerk's office again. :p

Return to “General Discussions”