Beta-Maps (Out of Unit/Non-Resident Member)

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

Beta-Maps (Out of Unit/Non-Resident Member)

Post by techgy »

Members who are currently serving in a ward other than their home ward, often are configured as "Out of Unit" or "Non-Resident" members. This is often the situation with Branch Presidents and others in leadership positions.

The Beta-Maps program that's being developed will display the home ward of a member and not the ward that they're serving in as an Out-Of-Unit or Non-Resident member. There's no way that I'm aware of to change this at present, however, I'm told that the developers are aware of the situation and hopefully will have a resolution down the road.

Just an FYI.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

techgy wrote:Members who are currently serving in a ward other than their home ward, often are configured as "Out of Unit" or "Non-Resident" members. This is often the situation with Branch Presidents and others in leadership positions.

The Beta-Maps program that's being developed will display the home ward of a member and not the ward that they're serving in as an Out-Of-Unit or Non-Resident member. There's no way that I'm aware of to change this at present, however, I'm told that the developers are aware of the situation and hopefully will have a resolution down the road.

Just an FYI.
I sent some feedback into the developers regarding this issue and received the following response from the Global Service Desk.
We are currently working on a solution allowing them to view either ward. We are looking for a July-August release of the new solution
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”