No phone number for family on LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mkmurray

No phone number for family on LUWS

Post by mkmurray »

So I have a few family on LUWS (the ward website) that don't have a phone number listed. What has happened is that for those families, I (the membership clerk) have listed an individual phone number for both husband and wife in MLS. I chose not to list a household number because there really isn't one, and I assumed that for household reports, it would default to the head of household's phone number if a household number is not present.

It appears this assumption is wrong and that is not how it's working on LUWS. However, I think it is a bug to not list a number just because the household number is empty. The new LUWS probably handles this fine, but I think it would be best to fix the logic on the existing LUWS for the mean time. That is my 2 cents.

Anyone else?

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:However, I think it is a bug to not list a number just because the household number is empty. The new LUWS probably handles this fine, but I think it would be best to fix the logic on the existing LUWS for the mean time.
There are all sorts of things that it would be nice to fix on the existing LUWS. But the new site will be active pretty soon. If I were managing that development project, I wouldn't bother to update the code which will soon be obsolete.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:There are all sorts of things that it would be nice to fix on the existing LUWS. But the new site will be active pretty soon. If I were managing that development project, I wouldn't bother to update the code which will soon be obsolete.
I forget you have insider news nowadays. This is the first I've seen a time frame mentioned for the new LUWS in quite a while.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:I forget you have insider news nowadays. This is the first I've seen a time frame mentioned for the new LUWS in quite a while.
I have no insider information. And "pretty soon" is not exactly a time frame ;). But there have been plenty of public hints that it would be well before the end of 2010.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:I forget you have insider news nowadays.
An insider, but with a different IT department.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:I have no insider information. And "pretty soon" is not exactly a time frame ;). But there have been plenty of public hints that it would be well before the end of 2010.
Interesting. I had the impression it was closer to the end of 2010, but perhaps I'm confusing it with the calendaring module.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

New features will continue to be added to all of the applications coming in the new LDS.Org 3.0 for quite a while. But there is a good possibility that some of the applications (including Directory and Calendar) will begin migrating out of beta.lds.org within 2 or 3 months.

This doesn't mean the old applications will go away immediately (or for a long while, for that matter). But the move will signify a higher confidence level in the stability/functionality of the new apps and a recommendation that members start migrating to the new applications.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”