Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
webmonk-p40

Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Post by webmonk-p40 »

We have families/individuals who do not show up as assigned to home teachers AND do not show as not assigned. Why are they not showing up in either group? I would expect them to show up in the not assigned list. If I go in to add a new household to a companionship, the mysterious families show up. If I try to assign them to a companionship it says the household is already assigned to a home teacher.

That would explain why they do not show up in the non assigned list, but why are they not showing up in the home teaching lists? Is there a way to find out who MLS thinks the home teacher is from the member record or some other way than through the home teaching section since the families do not show up correctly there?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

webmonk wrote:Is there a way to find out who MLS thinks the home teacher is from the member record or some other way than through the home teaching section since the families do not show up correctly there?
The simplest way is to go to Organizations > Home/Visiting Teaching > Households Being Taught. Then make sure that both the "Show for Organization" and the "Show for District" selectors are set to "All".

That will show you a list of all households in the ward, with their home teachers. If there is no home teacher, the Home Teachers column will be blank and there will be an "Assign" link to the right; if there are home teachers currently assigned, then they will appear in the Home Teachers column and the link on the right will be "Change Assignment."

I can't explain why you can't see these families on any other reports or HT lists, but this way should help you discover who the assigned home teachers are.

There are a variety of other ways to find out the home teachers; the Household Report, or a custom report, or some of the export files, but I think Households Being Taught is the most straightforward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”