Printing disabled?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jwtaber

Printing disabled?

Post by jwtaber »

This happened with every screen I was on in MLS last night: I would click the "Print" button, and after a few seconds the hourglass would go back to an arrow, and the button would "pop back". I couldn't find anything in MLS that had disabled printing functions. I was able to print just fine from Internet Explorer on the same machine. I tried rebooting the computer a couple of times. Is my copy of MLS corrupted, or is something else going on? Does anyone have any ideas?

John Taber
Asst. Stake Clerk
Wilmington Delaware Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JTaber wrote: Does anyone have any ideas?
It's a long shot, but you might try looking at C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\PrintSettings.properties. That file retains the printer settings for MLS. Perhaps the PrinterName item in that file is messed up, and removing that line (when MLS is not running) could help (then restart MLS).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's a long shot, but you might try looking at C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\PrintSettings.properties. That file retains the printer settings for MLS. Perhaps the PrinterName item in that file is messed up, and removing that line (when MLS is not running) could help (then restart MLS).

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”