Member of Unit?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mlh78

Member of Unit?

Post by mlh78 »

I am a stake finance clerk. When I add stake members as payees, is it appropriate to click the button for "member of your unit?" The outgoing clerk told me no. But if I use the member-of-unit option I can associate the payee with a member record which saves me the hassle of looking up and adding an address. Thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mlh78 wrote:I am a stake finance clerk. When I add stake members as payees, is it appropriate to click the button for "member of your unit?" The outgoing clerk told me no. But if I use the member-of-unit option I can associate the payee with a member record which saves me the hassle of looking up and adding an address. Thoughts?
I am also a stake financial clerk. I always answer that question YES. As you said, it fills in the address, which saves you work. I can't come up with any reason why you would want to answer it any other way. For stake MLS, I have to think that is the primary reason the question is even asked.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I second that. In my view, the unit you are referring to is your stake. They are members of your stake, so the answer is yes.

The system is inherently the same for both the ward and stake. Because wards use features like that more, the wording may not exactly fit a stake application, but that alone shouldn't preclude using features that otherwise would make sense.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”