Which local mls fields transfer to stake?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dougcoates

Which local mls fields transfer to stake?

Post by dougcoates »

We are wanting wards to record the initial visit of new move-ins. We would also like this status to be available to the stake mls. I experimented with "custom" fields & "talent" fields which do not appear to transfer. The only thing that showed up when I did a send/receive was a change to the Stake Geo code. The Stake Geo Code appears to be associated with the household and was very easy to edit. I worry about losing the data in the event of a boundary change. Are there any other fields associated with the household, that would be useful for this and also transfer to the stake?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dougcoates wrote:We are wanting wards to record the initial visit of new move-ins. We would also like this status to be available to the stake mls. ... Are there any other fields associated with the household, that would be useful for this and also transfer to the stake?
As far as I can tell there is no way to get that information to the stake through MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dougcoates wrote:We are wanting wards to record the initial visit of new move-ins. We would also like this status to be available to the stake mls. I experimented with "custom" fields & "talent" fields which do not appear to transfer. The only thing that showed up when I did a send/receive was a change to the Stake Geo code. The Stake Geo Code appears to be associated with the household and was very easy to edit. I worry about losing the data in the event of a boundary change. Are there any other fields associated with the household, that would be useful for this and also transfer to the stake?
There is no provision in MLS to do this. A ward may edit the Stake Geo Code, and it will go to the stake. But if the stake already has something in that field, what the ward sends will not overwrite it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”