Record Missing from LUWS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Record Missing from LUWS

Post by lajackson »

I have a ward that has had a membership record in MLS for over a year. It was recently brought to our attention that the record does not show in LUWS.

As Admin, I checked LUWS to make sure the record is not hidden (it is not). The ward has no record that the MR was moved out of MLS. They have done a Membership Refresh, and the record remains in MLS.

There is no different name under Household or on the record itself that would lead to the suspicion that the record is listed under a different name.

Next step?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call CHQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Does the name in the record use any special characters like n with a tilde over it? I've found that Ward Tools and iStake tend not to know what to do with them, LUWS has gotten better about handling them though.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbh001 wrote:Does the name in the record use any special characters . . .
No special characters in this case.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Followup. As best we can tell, another unit requested the membership record, it moved, LUWS was updated, and our local MLS was not.

After another member refresh the record went away from the local MLS. We do not know where the record went, because there is no record in MLS of the move.

Return to “Membership Help”