LDS.org Beta question

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lehrschallbrian

LDS.org Beta question

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I am the Ward Executive Secretary. I was working with the new beta and found that my Ward Clerk is listed wrong. Where does the information come that is used to populate this? Also, our bishopric's first counselor does not have permissions to use it. My Bishop has already started using this to lookup membership records at home. How do I fix this so that the ward clerk can use the beta? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wakegop wrote:Where does the information come that is used to populate this?
It comes from the ward MLS.

Make sure you're using standardized positions when possible and not custom positions. That may be why the counselor can't use the beta.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lehrschallbrian

Well in the Ward Directory the counselor is right. What do I do about the ward clerk? The young man listed as clerk is married and moved out of our singles ward.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wakegop wrote:Also, our bishopric's first counselor does not have permissions to use it.
wakegop wrote:Well in the Ward Directory the counselor is right.
If you are referring to the leader section of beta.lds.org bishopric counselors don't have rights to that application currently.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wakegop wrote:What do I do about the ward clerk? The young man
listed as clerk is married and moved out of our singles ward.
Check your ward in CDOL to see if it has the correct ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you verified this by looking in MLS? A custom position could have the same text as the standardized position so that it looks OK on a printout.

Same for the clerk.

In MLS, from the toolbar, Organizations > Reports/Tools > Custom Positions Review.

In the CDOL, check that the calling is not shown in orange.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Rights vs Sites

Post by techgy »

Ryan,

There's been a lot of speculation and discussion of late regarding access rights to the CDOL and the new beta.lds.org site. Would it be possible to post what the intended access rights will be for each of these sites as well as what access is granted for each level?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
lehrschallbrian

It is not correct in CDOL.
lehrschallbrian

wakegop wrote:It is not correct in CDOL.

The calling is also not listed in Orange
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wakegop wrote:
wakegop wrote:It is not correct in CDOL.

The calling is also not listed in Orange
So what is it you see in CDOL? Is the ward clerk position not listed at all? Or is the wrong person listed in the calling?

It sounds like you are sayng that the calling is not listed at all. So you should check to make sure that the calling is listed properly in MLS. In the Bishopric organization, that person should be listed as Ward Clerk, and should not show up in the Custom Positions Review.

If the person is correctly entered in MLS, but does not appear in CDOL, then there could be a problem with the transmission of this information. It might be a problem in your local database. See this thread for a discussion of this kind of problem, which can only be fixed by Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”