Quarterly Report Shows Zero YW

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
throndsenj

Quarterly Report Shows Zero YW

Post by throndsenj »

In one of our units their Quarterly Report shows zero YW. If I pull up the list it shows for Relief Society it shows all the women in the unit from age 1 -99. Primary list is OK. Any ideas on how to fix?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

throndsenj wrote:In one of our units their Quarterly Report shows zero YW. If I pull up the list it shows for Relief Society it shows all the women in the unit from age 1 -99. Primary list is OK. Any ideas on how to fix?
First of all, I would look at the organization memberships in the regular MLS Organizations screens to see if all those females are actually in the RS organization and not in any of the YW classes. If so, then you would need to move all the YW back to the appropriate classes. Probably the easiest way to do that is to go to the Individual Record screen and click the "Reset Organizations for Member" link for each YW. You can use the blue triangle and square navigation buttons to reduce the number of steps.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
throndsenj

Makes things worse

Post by throndsenj »

I should also mention, the YW show up in a class roll properly.

When I do a reset of organizations it makes things worse. It takes them out of Relief Society but puts the person in several Sunday School classes, none of which they belong to. This action still does not allow any YW to show up in the quarterly report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

throndsenj wrote:When I do a reset of organizations it makes things worse. It takes them out of Relief Society but puts the person in several Sunday School classes, none of which they belong to.
The problem with the Sunday School classes is a side issue, caused by someone not setting up the rules for those classes properly. See the wiki article Classes: Rules for details on why that happened and how to fix it.
throndsenj wrote:I should also mention, the YW show up in a class roll properly.
This action still does not allow any YW to show up in the quarterly report.
Well, I'm a bit baffled as to why this would happen. Unless anyone else on the forum has any brilliant ideas, I would suggest that you call Local Unit Support; my guess is that there is some problem with your database that will have to be fixed by CHQ.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

throndsenj wrote:If I pull up the list it shows for Relief Society it shows all the women in the unit from age 1 -99.
I wonder if this is the same root cause as the Sunday School issue (messed up rules).

I wouldn't rule out this messing up your YW count even if they show up in the YW roles.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I wonder if this is the same root cause as the Sunday School issue (messed up rules).

I wouldn't rule out this messing up your YW count even if they show up in the YW roles.
The difference is that Sunday School class rules can be set by the MLS user, but the YW class rules are built into MLS. You can't see them or change them. You can move individuals in or out of YW classes, but you can't change the rules.

So I don't see how messed up rules could be an issue here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:So I don't see how messed up rules could be an issue here.
Ah, OK.

Question, could the reason he can't see the YW now is that he moved them back after the quarter was closed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:Ah, OK.

Question, could the reason he can't see the YW now is that he moved them back after the quarter was closed?
That could be the case. From what I've seen the quarterly report statistics are calculated the first time you log in after the end of the quarter and they do not change after that, no matter what changes you make. That includes recording priesthood ordinances which were effective before the end of the quarter but recorded after.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you'd tell if that's the problem here until after the end of the next quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think bottom line, it's "call local support" time.

I suppose one could finagle a solution using the backups and playing with the date, but I don't think I'd recommend such an approach.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”