Uploading files to LUWS, but what about upcoming changes?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
coloradotechie-p40

Uploading files to LUWS, but what about upcoming changes?

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

Hello,

I have the need every once and a while to make a file public for the whole ward (for example, the Budget Disbursements form) so any ward member can download it off of the ward website.

With the upcoming directory and calendar, I was wondering if anyone knew of a repository for miscellaneous files so I can continue to do this.

Is there going to be a spot for "Ward files" or something? I suppose some files could be just emailed or hosted on google docs (non confidential forms, like the budget disbursement form)... but some things should really require a login.

I suppose I can email them to people, although I was just wondering if there would be a spot for this sort of thing with the AWESOME new features of the stuff currently in beta.

Thanks!
~coloradotechie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

coloradotechie wrote:With the upcoming directory and calendar, I was wondering if anyone knew of a repository for miscellaneous files so I can continue to do this.
The directory and calendar are simply new components to the stake and ward websites. There is no change to the News and Information section that is imminent (although it is certainly in the plans). So for now, just continue to do what you've been doing -- the release of the new directory and calendar won't have any impact on that.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

coloradotechie wrote:Hello,

I have the need every once and a while to make a file public for the whole ward (for example, the Budget Disbursements form) so any ward member can download it off of the ward website.

With the upcoming directory and calendar, I was wondering if anyone knew of a repository for miscellaneous files so I can continue to do this.

Is there going to be a spot for "Ward files" or something?
As I was uploading the new "teachings for our times" list to the "old" LUWS "news and information," and then switched to the new beta LDS directory to send the email notifications about it, I wondered the same thing...I really hope we don't lose that ability.

Perhaps we all should "submit feedback?"
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

All (or at least most) of the functionality in the old LUWS will be replaced before it is decommissioned. Right now we are just focusing on Directory and Calendar, but work will start on the other parts of the site sometime in the next several months.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”