Gospel Library app bug

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
frog-p40

Gospel Library app bug

Post by frog-p40 »

I'm not sure where to post bugs, but if this is the wrong place, I'm sure someone will let me know.

I really like the Gospel Library app. I have it on my ipod touch. But I have found a debilitating bug. In the "Manage Library" screens I deleted content. Specifically, I deleted "2009 Apr General Conference". Now, every time I try to add new content I get the message:

Data corruption?
The book was downloaded but failed to install

So I am left with the content I have (which works great), but I am completely unable to add any new content.

I am guessing this is maybe a problem with the deletion of content?

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Well there's quite a few places you could place your bug report...

The LDSTech Wiki has some pages you could reference for contact info (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gos ... t_-_iPhone) or where you can start a new discussion (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Tal ... for_iPhone).

There is also this sub-forum dedicated to the Gospel Library for iPhone/iPod Touch: http://tech.lds.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103

If it's not a problem, I think I'm going to move that thread to that forum now.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

I have found another bug in the Manage Library part of the iPhone Gospel Library App. When you go to the page to add books. On the page that lists libraries like Scriptures, General Conference, Curriculum, etc. There is a little green download arrow. If you push that arrow it downloads the entire collection (example all books of scriptures) and that works fine, and if you touch the name of the collection it takes you to individual books and that works fine. But if you go into the list of individual books, to download a book you don't touch that same green download arrow to download a single book, you just touch the name of the book. If you touch the green download arrow it sends you back to the beginning of the manage collections page, then if you proceed from there you get multiple layers of home pages. Trying to fix the mess I ended up with about 6 home pages each with different groups of links. I finally uninstalled the App and reinstalled it and started over. So there is a problem with that download arrow, it downloads in some screens and restarts the manage library menu in other places. Once you follow a download arrow back to manage library you will get goofed up multiple home pages if you continue beyond that point. So until this is fixed don't use the green download arrow for individual books, just touch the name of the book to load individual books.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Here is another bug.

Under Other, Home and Family, True to the Faith, the document is blank or missing.

Update: Well, oops. I see that this is a known bug at the Wiki site. Although I still do not see where bugs should be reported.

Another update: By e-mail. The Wiki site said that, too. I should go to school and take up reading. Sigh.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Just to complete the circle, the instructions at the Wiki site are to report any bugs in the Gospel Library app to:

gospellibrary-iphone@ldschurch.org

I have reported each of the bugs in this thread to the e-mail address. I also gave credit to each of you and explained where the bug reports had come from.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”