Stake Letter Head

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Aganack-p40

Stake Letter Head

Post by Aganack-p40 »

I am looking for a way to get a copy of our Stake letter head. Is this possible?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Aganack wrote:I am looking for a way to get a copy of our Stake letter head. Is this possible?
That depends on your calling and for what purpose you want the letterhead. The stake letterhead is used for official stake correspondence, and so should only be used for letters from the stake presidency or authorized by the stake presidency for stake business.

If you are a stake clerk and are just asking how to order more letterhead, then that is done using a normal stationery order form, which is included in every stationery order (tithing envelopes, business envelopes, letterhead). Or see some hints in this thread.

If you are not part of the stake presidency, then you would need to get approval from the stake presidency, and as you get that approval, the stake presidency can either provide you with letterhead or have one of the stake clerks or executive secretary get some for you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

If you are not the stake clerk and legitimately need it, ask the stake president for some of the stock and explain the purpose for which you need it.

If you are the stake clerk and have run out, simply re-order it through the regular channels for your area.
Aganack-p40

Post by Aganack-p40 »

So I am a Stake Clerk and my Stake President would like me to create templates for letters to send out with the Church Logo and Stake name at the top in the Church font... I search around on the forms for a bit and found a couple of posts about appropriate use of Church logos. I don't have high hopes for getting a digital copy, but it would make my life a little easier.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

So you are looking for an electronic version of the letterhead to use? I'm having a hard time envisioning scenarios in which you create "templates for letters to send out" where it wouldn't just be simpler to use the standard letterhead stock. If he is wanting to print and mail letters from home because travel to the stake center is an issue, it would still be simpler to just take the stock home with him. I can't imagine that he is trying to save on expenses by creating templates, since the cost for such letterhead is negligible by comparison with the other things the stake has to fund.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Aganack wrote:So I am a Stake Clerk and my Stake President would like me to create templates for letters to send out with the Church Logo and Stake name at the top in the Church font... I search around on the forms for a bit and found a couple of posts about appropriate use of Church logos. I don't have high hopes for getting a digital copy, but it would make my life a little easier.
If you are trying to create templates to print, you can make the templates leave room for the letterhead. Then the template letters will print onto letterhead easily.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jbh001 wrote:I'm having a hard time envisioning scenarios in which you create "templates for letters to send out" where it wouldn't just be simpler to use the standard letterhead stock.
Without further feedback we are only guessing at the intent, but he might be trying to email a personalized electronic document on the stake letterhead using a mail-merge feature. In that case, I would just scan in an empty letterhead page and save it as a JPG. You can then overlay the body of the letter with the scanned image.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aganack-p40

Post by Aganack-p40 »

I believe what he would like is increased convenience. Currently all our templates leave room to be printed on letter head, but i believe he would like to just be able to email or print without rummaging around the clerks office to find the letter head.

I could scan the letter head, but I want to follow proper procedure. Is it allowed? If so a non scanned version would seem to be higher quality. And a scanned version would seem more like a way of subverting the system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Aganack wrote:I believe what he would like is increased convenience.
Probably. Most church printers don't have a separate paper tray for letterhead.

IIRC, the official letterhead has the logo in color. So unless you have a color printer, you're not going to be able to duplicate it exactly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

And we need to remember only USA and Canada units can request Church letterheads. International areas can't officialy create that documents and can't request that to Distribution Services...

Return to “Reports and Forms”