Suggestion about cross-referencing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jglanfield

Suggestion about cross-referencing

Post by jglanfield »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to discuss the new iPhone app. I have noticed a couple of bugs... but I'm not even sure where to submit those.

Anyways, it would be really nice to have cross-references open up in a new page, kind of like how Safari gives you that option when you hold down on a link.

But this is really a step in the right direction. I've always been annoyed by seeing people in class pull out there iPhone scripture apps faster than their own copy of the scriptures, but this app really has a lot of potential for some great functionality that will allow you to study effectively, when having your own set of scriptures around isn't feasible.

Thanks!

Joel
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Will this new iPhone app work on an iTouch, or does it mostly work with a direct connection and feed things to the device in real time?

This might be helpful if I could download stuff during Wifi times and view it later, while out of range.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Will this new iPhone app work on an iTouch, or does it mostly work with a direct connection and feed things to the device in real time?

This might be helpful if I could download stuff during Wifi times and view it later, while out of range.
It works great on an iTouch. You just select the content to download while you are connected on WiFi. Then that downloaded content is available when you are offline. With this app, you are always viewing only downloaded content, even if you happen to be connected via WiFi.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”