Membership Audit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mklobaas

Membership Audit

Post by mklobaas »

I am a challenged stake clerk and am overwhelmed as I read the forum.

I read somewhere that the membership audit forms are on MLS. As I visited the stake computer yesterday, I went to the audit menu and did not see the promised membership audit option.

Has it been removed from the latest update? What now?

Many thanks for this forum.

Michael Klobas
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

The membership audits are only found on the individual unit computers. It is not on the stake computer. If you have a unit colocated with your stake building, stop by their computer and take a look at the audit. It has multiple steps that check everything from Priesthood, to leaders taking training lessons, and quite a few things in between. With a ward clerk that is keeping up to date, the audit takes about 15 - 20 minutes and is relatively painless.

Jim
rmanpaul

Suggestion for the Membership Audit

Post by rmanpaul »

I have a suggestion for the Membership Audit, I completed the first one yesterday in my Stake and when it came to Single Adults over 30 who are not married yet - could this be expanded to show YSA also, I know of a number of YSA (normally LA who are married but this has not been picked up locally) I know that it is a thing that i can keep chasing up on by following up with Ward Clerks but it would be useful if this could be chased up through the Audit as this once completed goes to the Stake President for review.
rrketcheson

Just completed audit

Post by rrketcheson »

I am a ward membership clerk. We just completed our audit but there was no "save" button at the end like I am used to with MLS. In fact, all I could do was close the audit. How do we show it completed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rketcheson wrote:I am a ward membership clerk. We just completed our audit but there was no "save" button at the end like I am used to with MLS. In fact, all I could do was close the audit. How do we show it completed?
On the last step (the "Summary") there is a Print button at the bottom left. This will print a form that summarizes the audit results and provides a place for the bishop and clerk to sign the form.

Note that the instructions at the beginning say that the stake representative should sign the form as well, but there is no signature line provided for him. He should sign it anyway.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rrketcheson

Post by rrketcheson »

Thank you, Brother Brown. We did print the sheets and sign them at audit time, it just didn't feel complete without the ability to click a button. ;)
halpotter

Post by halpotter »

According to our instructions, the Stake Clerk is supposed to do an audit of the wards yearly membership report. If there is no stake report that compiles the wards report, are we supposed to visit each ward and look at their report? If so, what are we supposed to be sending electronically, or is that done when the ward does their report? Is there plans for a stake membership report?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

halpotter wrote:According to our instructions, the Stake Clerk is supposed to do an audit of the wards yearly membership report. If there is no stake report that compiles the wards report, are we supposed to visit each ward and look at their report? If so, what are we supposed to be sending electronically, or is that done when the ward does their report? Is there plans for a stake membership report?
The Membership Audit is only at the ward level. According to the MLS 3.3 Release Notes:
When the Membership Audit is completed, click the Submit button. This will cause the results of the audit to be sent to Church headquarters for statistical purposes. However, clerks should still print the report that is taken to the stake president.
So the audit results are electronically submitted from each ward, and also printed. The printed results from each ward are given to the stake president.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bsglover

Membership Audit - 1st attempt

Post by bsglover »

I just attempted my first Membership Audit as the Stake Clerk. When we went through the audit checks first one was High Priests - The list showed Elders. When I went to Elders - The list was for perspective Elders. When I went to Aaronic Priesthood - There was nothing listed. When we got to Baptisms there was nothing listed either, but this ward had had at least two baptisms. I did not see where I could set a date range for the audit.

Did I miss something?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bsglover wrote:I just attempted my first Membership Audit as the Stake Clerk. When we went through the audit checks first one was High Priests - The list showed Elders. When I went to Elders - The list was for perspective Elders. When I went to Aaronic Priesthood - There was nothing listed. When we got to Baptisms there was nothing listed either, but this ward had had at least two baptisms. I did not see where I could set a date range for the audit.

Did I miss something?
The lists you are seeing are to prompt you to look for potential ordinances that were performed, but not properly recorded. So if someone was ordained a high priest, but it wasn't recorded, the most likely individuals in that situation are listed as elders. Similarly, those who were ordained elders but were not recorded properly are most likely listed as prospective elders.

If nothing was listed under Aaronic Priesthood, then that means that it doesn't look like there are unordained members whose ordinations might have been missed. The empty baptism list is not inconsistent with the fact that you had two baptisms -- it would only show people who are not recorded as baptized but seem from their age that perhaps they would have been.

Return to “Membership Help”