Sort key for twin children on parent IOS/LUWS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klkamper

Sort key for twin children on parent IOS/LUWS

Post by klkamper »

I'm the ward clerk, and we just had twins. I noticed that when our record and IOS were updated that my children do not appear in correct birth order. The order that they appear in the IOS is also the same order that they appear on the LUWS.

The first-born child (girl)'s record number is numerically lower (x-xxxx-x128) than the second-born child (boy)'s record number (x-xxxx-x136), however the boy appears first on the list. This would lead me to believe that our membership clerk did indeed enter them in the order they were born. But, the sort is still "off".

Since it's a question that I couldn't answer with my ward clerk hat, I'm wondering if anyone knows:
1) What the sort key is, or the reason that a boy appears first in MLS?
2) Can the sort order be corrected so that my children appear in proper order in our family like I would list them on a Family Group Record?

I'm curious...:confused:
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For children of a household the sort order appears to be first by birthdate. In the test database the next sort order is by sex with males first then it is alpahbetical. I was unable to change the order in MLS. My test only duplicated what you are seeing. I added twins to a family with the girl's name first alphabetically. Missing from this test is the creation of membership numbers since the test database does not create them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
klkamper

Post by klkamper »

jdlessley wrote:For children of a household the sort order appears to be first by birthdate. In the test database the next sort order is by sex with males first then it is alpahbetical. I was unable to change the order in MLS. My test only duplicated what you are seeing. I added twins to a family with the girl's name first alphabetically. Missing from this test is the creation of membership numbers since the test database does not create them.

Thanks. I noticed tonight that in the beta release of the LUWS directory they are listed in the correct order. That leads me to believe that there is additional sort criteria applied to the new LUWS. Still interesting that MLS and the IOS are sorted that way.

Return to “Membership Help”