SSO integration with Java Stack Applications

Support and Announcements for the Tech Java Web Application Platform (setup, configuration, bugs, feedback).
christopherchapman

SSO integration with Java Stack Applications

Post by christopherchapman »

I have just tested the SSO Simulator with a stack project, and it is really slick. Are there any plans to integrate the SSO Simulator environment with the Stack IDE? I was thinking of automatically starting up the Simulator proxy when starting Tomcat and switching the base url to local.lds.org. I don't know if that would cause more problems than it would be worth, just a thought. It may be simpler to keep with the familiar behavior.

I am wondering about whether there are any plans to use declarative configuration with the SSO clientlib (like with annotations similar to JSR-250 and/or a Spring interceptor). We are using SSO with a web service and the current clientlib helper packages seem to be geared more toward JSF and JSP only. It would be nice to not have to mix cross-cutting concerns with our service code.

I was also wondering when the org:lds:sso:clientlib:1.3.2:jar and org:lds:cdol2:cdol-constants:2010.03:jar were going to be upgraded to stack 3.0 and put in the main maven repo?
UreskSJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by UreskSJ »

I can answer the first part of your question - I agree that being able to configure and control the SSO simulator from within the IDE would be ideal, and it is something we've discussed recently.

The SSO shim that some projects are using now is an interim solution, and work is still going on to determine how we are going to use SSO in the long run. Once all of that is better defined, we'll work on improving the developer experience with it - whether that takes the form of better IDE integration or something else, we aren't 100% sure right now, but it will be easier to use than the current solution.

I've added this to our roadmap, which you can view here:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Jav ... rm_Roadmap

(Unfortunately, you can't click through to the actual JIRA issues right now, we are still in the process of transitioning those over to the public JIRA instance.)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

christopherchapman wrote: I was also wondering when the org:lds:sso:clientlib:1.3.2:jar and org:lds:cdol2:cdol-constants:2010.03:jar were going to be upgraded to stack 3.0 and put in the main maven repo?
I'm not sure what needs to be done to upgrade the cdol-constants jar to stack 3.0. All that jar has in it is 2 enums that have the position type ids and the organization type ids.
YoungstromMJ

Post by YoungstromMJ »

christopherchapman wrote: I am wondering about whether there are any plans to use declarative configuration with the SSO clientlib (like with annotations similar to JSR-250 and/or a Spring interceptor). We are using SSO with a web service and the current clientlib helper packages seem to be geared more toward JSF and JSP only. It would be nice to not have to mix cross-cutting concerns with our service code.

I was also wondering when the org:lds:sso:clientlib:1.3.2:jar and org:lds:cdol2:cdol-constants:2010.03:jar were going to be upgraded to stack 3.0 and put in the main maven repo?
Like the shim those libraries were not created by our team. It is created and maintained by the team that is currently maintaining the current interim SSO solution. Like Spencer said once the enterprise SSO solution is in place (should be in the coming months) our team expects to take over the Shim and client libraries. At which time we will upgrade them to Stack 3 and make them in all other ways super awesome. :)

Mike
YoungstromMJ

Post by YoungstromMJ »

ryan jones wrote:I'm not sure what needs to be done to upgrade the cdol-constants jar to stack 3.0. All that jar has in it is 2 enums that have the position type ids and the organization type ids.
True. CDOL-constants will probably remain in the hands of the cdol team and shouldn't matter what the parent pom is (if it has not dependencies). As far as moving it and clientlib into the main maven repository we're currently in the process of upgrading our internal maven repository which will allow us to correctly sync internal dependencies like this out to the community and vis versa. That work is slated to be done by the end of the month.

Mike
christopherchapman

ryan jones wrote:I'm not sure what needs to be done to upgrade the cdol-constants jar to stack 3.0. All that jar has in it is 2 enums that have the position type ids and the organization type ids.
Yes, for cdol at least the only thing is to update their maven pom files to use stack 3 as the parent. I have done that manually on my own machine for cdol and clientlib to see what needed to be done for the SSO integration. I haven't had any problems, but I won't commit those changes to our project's SCM until the SSO solution is squared away and the dependencies are available to the community.

christopherchapman

youngstrommj wrote: At which time we will upgrade them to Stack 3 and make them in all other ways super awesome. :)

Mike
I'm looking forward to it. The stack team is doing a GREAT job!
YoungstromMJ

Post by YoungstromMJ »

christopherchapman wrote:I have done that manually on my own machine for cdol and clientlib to see what needed to be done for the SSO integration.
Hmm...you shouldn't need to be modifying anything to work though. Try adding this repository to your root pom. This repository should have all the dependencies you need for clientlib and the cdol jar to work. The repository is temporary and we will be getting rid of it later in the month when we get our repositories upgraded.

Code: Select all

<repository>
            <id>lds-maven2-public</id>
            <name>LDS Public Maven2 Repository</name>
            <url>https://dev.lds.org/javarepo/</url>
        </repository>

Return to “Java Web Project Support (Stack)”