Could someone update the wiki for me

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
mellerbeck-p40

Could someone update the wiki for me

Post by mellerbeck-p40 »

This

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Get ... se_Webcast

I was going to add

Under this section

In the US only, you can set up an audio bridge through Verizon phone. Call LDS Conferencing with Verizon at 1-800-248-4436. You should request this in advance. There is no charge for setting up an account and it can be used for other activities such as emergencies or ward/stake meetings.

I just got off the phone with Verizon, you need to tell them you are with the LDS church. We didn't have an account setup so I went ahead and setup an account for our stake. They will need the address of the Stake President for the billing address. And you DON'T need a credit card number to set it up. If they keep reading about the LDS church account they will finally figure it out :) It sounds like this is unusual for them to setup.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mellerbeck wrote:I was going to add...
Not that I would be unwilling to update the wiki, but is there some reason you didn't update it yourself? That's one of the great advantages of the wiki -- anyone (with an LDS Account) can edit it. You could have edited it in about the same time that you made this post.

Another advantage of doing it yourself is that it would be clear exactly what you propose changing. I think you're simply recommending that callers identify themselves as being with the LDS Church, but I'm not sure if you would propose more details than that. In the wiki, one would never say "I just got off the phone," so I'm not sure what to do with that.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mellerbeck-p40

would if I could....

Post by mellerbeck-p40 »

I would if I could. Doesn't want to let me edit the page :)
mellerbeck-p40

quesiton

Post by mellerbeck-p40 »

mellerbeck wrote:I would if I could. Doesn't want to let me edit the page :)
Are you referencing the single sign on church account? I.e. family search etc... lds.org
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mellerbeck wrote:I would if I could. Doesn't want to let me edit the page :)
Are you logged into the wiki? It requires a separate login using your LDS Account -- it is not the same as the Forum login. The "log in" link is in the upper right corner of each wiki page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mellerbeck-p40

Thanks

Post by mellerbeck-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Are you logged into the wiki? It requires a separate login using your LDS Account -- it is not the same as the Forum login. The "log in" link is in the upper right corner of each wiki page.
That's why. Didn't realize they were integrated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mellerbeck wrote:Are you referencing the single sign on church account? I.e. family search etc... lds.org
The Church doesn't really have "Single Sign On" at this point, but the LDS Account is used for a majority of Church websites at this point. As I mentioned, the LDSTech wiki does use LDS Account, but you do have to login separately for the wiki, even if you are already logged into some other Church website.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”