Moving records out with no information

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
DPOldham-p40

Moving records out with no information

Post by DPOldham-p40 »

We have a member record that has almost no information. No address, no phone number, no parents, no children, not even an even ordinance records. MLS has an option to view the baptism and confirmation information, but when you do that on this record there is no information, not even a date. The only thing the record has is a name and a birthday.

I have tried to search using the internet for a person with that name and cannot find any records of anyone anywhere in the general area.

So I decided to move the record out with address unknown, but when I do that, the record does not appear under the move out dialog box.

Is there something in MLS that will not allow you to move a record it is missing certain information? If so, how do I deal with that?

Thanks
Doug
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

It sounds like this is a temporary record or non-member record created for some now unknown person/purpose. If the purpose for which it was created has passed (and it sounds like it has) it can simply be deleted by going to the Membership > Add/Update screen and selecting Remove Temporary or Remove non-member record. (something like that. I many not have the path exactly correct)

Here is a link from the Wiki. Removal instructions are at the very bottom.
DPOldham-p40

Post by DPOldham-p40 »

Thank You!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”