Rebaptized member record

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dalewebb

Rebaptized member record

Post by dalewebb »

We had a member, that had been excommunicated, rebaptized. I can't figure out how to create him a record. Any ideas?
DW
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dalewebb wrote:We had a member, that had been excommunicated, rebaptized. I can't figure out how to create him a record. Any ideas?
You don't have to (and shouldn't) do anything to create a record. Once the paperwork related to the rebaptism has been processed by the Office of the First Presidency, the record will just show up during a regular Send/Receive in MLS, similar to a move-in.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dalewebb

rebaptized member record

Post by dalewebb »

How does the Office of the First Presidency find out?
DW
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dalewebb wrote:How does the Office of the First Presidency find out?
The stake presidency submits the paperwork, which can be generated from stake MLS. I won't go into the details here, but this whole process is detailed in the Church Handbook of Instructions (see Book 1, pp. 119-122).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:The stake presidency submits the paperwork,
Depending on the details, there might be paperwork required of the Ward/Bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

dalewebb wrote:We had a member, that had been excommunicated, rebaptized. I can't figure out how to create him a record. Any ideas?
DW
I think this might be what you are asking for.

From the MLS 3.1.5 menu bar, navigate to Reports/Forms > Ordinance Record Forms > Baptism and Confirmation Record > set the Type of Baptism drop-down list to Re-creation of a record > fill out the form with as much information as you can, including the person's Record number if you have it or can find it, as well as the new dates/information for the recent baptism and confirmation in the Baptism Information and Confirmation Information sections.

Print this completed form out, have the bishop/branch president sign if/where needed, and then forward this form along with any other paperwork the stake president is requesting to the stake president for the next step of processing.

In the mean time, it might be a good idea save a completed copy of this form until the record shows up during Send/Receive just in case you need to re-create or repeat this process.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”