Access permissions to ward calendar

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
geek

Access permissions to ward calendar

Post by geek »

Our building is shared between three wards (A, B, and C) in two stakes (X and Y). The building scheduler lives in Ward A. On the ward website, there's a Resources link where we've posted a building calendar. The problem is, only the members in wards A and B (in stake X) can see the building calendar. The members in ward C (stake Y) cannot see it.

How can we set up access in lds.org so that members from different stakes can see the same calendar?
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

The best way to do this currently, is to assign one coordinator between the wards different stakes that will be setup as a Non-resident member of the other stake. They can then coordinate the calendars together and move items back and forth.
Caleb
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

There is no way to make it so everyone in both stakes can access the resource. However, if one person is designated in ward Y as the scheduler, he/she can be designated as a non-resident member of stake X, thereby granting just him/her access to the resource calendar.

See here to get started. This topic has been discussed previously on the forum so try searching for more info.
geek

Post by geek »

Thanks. I actually did poke around previously but hadn't found the other thread until you linked to it. That's what we'll try.
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
geek

Post by geek »

(Although, if there's a flaw here, it's that LUWS design assumes that buildings belong to only one stake, which isn't true in real life. Maybe something for a future enhancement.)

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”