quarterly member progress report?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
colbyj-p40

quarterly member progress report?

Post by colbyj-p40 »

A member of my stake presidency was looking at the "Home teaching records" section on LDS.org and it references a "quarterly member progress report..." It also refers to the "10th of the month" for reports...

Questions:
- Is the quarterly member progress report the same thing as the Stake Quarterly report?
- What are the reporting dates? Home/visiting teaching by the 12th of each month, and quarterly reports by the 15th?
- Which report is due on the 10th?
- Also, this same paragraph references the clerk adding home teaching data to the "quarterly member progress report..." How do I do that as a clerk?

Appreciate the clarification. thank you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:Is the quarterly member progress report the same thing as the Stake Quarterly report?
Yes. It was renamed in 2006. Obviously, some pages on lds.org haven't been updated in quite a while.
colbyj wrote:What are the reporting dates? Home/visiting teaching by the 12th of each month, and quarterly reports by the 15th?
The only Church-mandated deadline is that the Quarterly Report is due by the 15th of the month following the end of the quarter. In order to give the clerk time to gather and verify everything and still meet the 15th deadline, many wards or stakes impose a somewhat earlier date on quorums and auxiliaries for reporting.
colbyj wrote:Also, this same paragraph references the clerk adding home teaching data to the "quarterly member progress report..." How do I do that as a clerk?
MLS allows you to enter all the values (including home teaching data) in the Quarterly Report. The Quarterly Report is in MLS under Reports/Forms.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
colbyj-p40

Post by colbyj-p40 »

great, thanks for the quick response!
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

If I'm not mistaken*, the handbooks instruct quorum, group, and auxiliary secretaries to submit their reports to their presidents by the tenth of the month. (They're supposed to do this monthly, but it gets reported to the stake quarterly)

Given what's stated in the handbooks, I usually tell everyone the report is due on the tenth of the month in order to 1) avoid confusion, and 2) give me enough time to get everything together to submit to the stake.

* please correct me if I'm wrong, but I only have a few minutes and don't want to spend it looking up all the possible locations for this information in the handbook.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nutterb wrote:If I'm not mistaken*, the handbooks instruct quorum, group, and auxiliary secretaries to submit their reports to their presidents by the tenth of the month. (They're supposed to do this monthly, but it gets reported to the stake quarterly)

Given what's stated in the handbooks, I usually tell everyone the report is due on the tenth of the month in order to 1) avoid confusion, and 2) give me enough time to get everything together to submit to the stake.

* please correct me if I'm wrong, but I only have a few minutes and don't want to spend it looking up all the possible locations for this information in the handbook.
Page 144 of the Church Handbook of Instructions says that the Quarterly Report is submitted each quarter. However, the stake president or bishop may request this information monthly.

So, whether the report is quarterly or monthly is up to the local leaders.

On the same page, the Handbook says that quorum and auxiliary leaders or secretaries give attendance information for the previous month to the clerk by the 10th of the month following each quarter so that the clerk can include it on the report.

The quorum, group, and Relief Society leaders also provide home and visiting information by the 10th of the month so that the bishop can review the report for accuracy and make sure the clerk submits it on time (by the 15th day of the month) following the end of the quarter.

Return to “Reports and Forms”