Image Wizard 2.0 upgrade

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
jcircus-p40

Image Wizard 2.0 upgrade

Post by jcircus-p40 »

Help..

After upgrading our image wizard PC with the latest published in Landesk, nothing prints. All other applications print just fine, it's only image wizard. I have tried reinstalling the application, and printer drivers. nothing helps. Any one else have this problem?

thanks for any help.

James
drepouille

HP Printers

Post by drepouille »

I replaced the HP LaserJet 1300 printer with a 1320 last week, and now Image Wizard will not print. I guess I will fall back to the 1300 printer.

Dana in Council Bluffs
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dana.Repouille wrote:I guess I will fall back to the 1300 printer.
Or at least the driver for the 1300. HP printers speak in PCL. A newer printer will understand an older version of PCL. The only downside is that you can't get access to the features that a 1320 has that a 1300 does not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

What do you use Image Wizard for? I've never heard of the application, and it is not part of the additional software listed at the mls.lds.org site. A Google search didn't help much. Is it an alternative to Picasa?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jbh001 wrote:What do you use Image Wizard for? I've never heard of the application, and it is not part of the additional software listed at the mls.lds.org site. A Google search didn't help much. Is it an alternative to Picasa?
There are family history centers with image scanning hardware that use the Image Wizard as the interface with the scanner.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:it is not part of the additional software listed at the mls.lds.org site.
Because it's a FHC application. You can find it in the LANDesk software distribution portal (I think that's what it's called) on a FHC computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History Centers”