lds.org/mss Browser Question

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Mac-p40

lds.org/mss Browser Question

Post by Mac-p40 »

When I access lds.org/mss, a pop-up message appears that says that my browser is unsupported. The message then lists recommended browsers, one of which is Firefox 2. The thing is I'm using Firefox 3.6. If FF 2 is supported, shouldn't FF 3.6 be supported, too? If not, would I encounter problems if I were to use lds.org/mss with FF 3.6?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I get the same message with IE8.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Yup, saw the same thing. I went ahead and submitted a bug report. Thanks for pointing this out, Mac. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mac wrote:When I access lds.org/mss, a pop-up message appears that says that my browser is unsupported. The message then lists recommended browsers, one of which is Firefox 2. The thing is I'm using Firefox 3.6. If FF 2 is supported, shouldn't FF 3.6 be supported, too? If not, would I encounter problems if I were to use lds.org/mss with FF 3.6?
Many months ago when I upgraded from FF 2 to FF 3.5, the message started appearing. I sent feedback to the site and they replied that the message was there as a warning to me that I might have problems, that they could not possibly test every browser that came along to make sure it worked, and that if my browser worked, keep using it. If it did not work, switch to a compatible one.

My take on the response is that they did not read my message or understand it, do not have a clue that FF is a principle browser, or did not wish to take the time to work with the problem. Since I have grown accustomed to this level of support, and since FF 3.5 was fairly new at the time, I decided not to get snippy about it, since it worked just fine at the site.

I become irritated again because the warning message shows up when you log out, as well, which is a double nuisance each time I access the site, usually weekly.

Return to “Main Church Website”