Audio in the receiving locations

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
medurr-p40

Audio in the receiving locations

Post by medurr-p40 »

We just finished our first webcast and found that the connection patch kit in the library did not do the whole job for us. I did find that a pair of amplified speakers from a desktop computer (we used a 10w) with a port for head phones, plugged into the receiver and then the connection box plugged into the head phone jack of speakers, I could adjust the volume and the feed into the building microphone system was great (no hum, no static), I just wanted to pass this on.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Was that a EJ-10 (gray) or a EJ-8 (black)? I think the earlier EJ-10 were a bit weak on the volume. I don't know about the later ones. The EJ-8s usually work OK.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
medurr-p40

Post by medurr-p40 »

The question is not which type that I was running, but that it worked on all three of the configurations and I believe that we had three different communication units. I have also used this same system to get the sound off of laptops that are playing a video clip or a direct feed from the internet, where the communications connection will pass the sound through but with a hum and you can not adjust the volume.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What was the issue that you decided not to go direct?

I tend to be a minimalist. The fewer things, the better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”