How: Satellite Broadcast in and Webcast out.

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
wxrwxr

How: Satellite Broadcast in and Webcast out.

Post by wxrwxr »

Our stake has used the meetinghouse webcast communicator box to broadcast to three other buildings for the last three stake conferences. Our next conference will be broadcast to us via satellite from Church headquarters. Short of using a camera to record from the screen how do we get the video/audio into the communicator box from the satellite?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are two solutions I would look into. The first is to contact CHQ and see if they could and would put the broadcast into the webcast system on their end for your non-satellite equipped units. If they can't or won't do that then you should be able to use the signal from either the satellite receiver or the modulators and input that into the webcast system box. This is just a quick thought and I don't necessarily have the details on the technical aspects of making this happen. The hard part may be getting your FM Group to work with you on accessing the satellite box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Reboot wrote:Short of using a camera to record from the screen how do we get the video/audio into the communicator box from the satellite?
I'm not sure exactly what kind of input the communicator box is looking for. Assuming that it's composite video, at worst, you should be able to connect a VCR to the "cable" system and use the video and audio outs to feed the communicator box. There might be better ways, but I think at minimum that would work on all systems I've seen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wxrwxr

Easy Answer

Post by wxrwxr »

I found the answer. A week prior to the stake conference we are to call church headquarters satellite division. They will give us a URL to be used in the remote buildings with a webcast receiver. So we will use the satellite in the stake building and a webcast receiver in the three other buildings.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

This can be the solution for most events now. Almost all events that come from SLC will have a URL as well. Many of them can be found in the "How to view" sheets that are sent out to leaders in advance of the meetings.
Troy
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

tsheffield wrote:This can be the solution for most events now. Almost all events that come from SLC will have a URL as well. Many of them can be found in the "How to view" sheets that are sent out to leaders in advance of the meetings.
Troy
Nice work! Thanks for working to make this possible.
mrusson-p40

Post by mrusson-p40 »

tsheffield wrote:This can be the solution for most events now. Almost all events that come from SLC will have a URL as well. Many of them can be found in the "How to view" sheets that are sent out to leaders in advance of the meetings.
Troy
Are these the notification letters that the Stake receives in advance of a satellite broadcast?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”